SIGIR is the major international forum for the presentation of new research results and for the demonstration of new systems and techniques in the broad field of information retrieval (IR). Proposals are solicited for workshops to be held at ACM SIGIR 2019 in Paris, France. Workshops are either set up as half-day or full-day workshops and will be held on July 25, 2019.
SIGIR 2019 workshops will provide a platform for presenting novel ideas and emerging areas in IR, in a less formal and potentially more focused way than the conference itself. Workshop topics typically match those identified in the SIGIR 2019 general call for contributions, but proposals concerned with other areas of IR are welcome as well. The format of each workshop is to be determined by the organizers. We expect workshops to contain ample time for discussion and engagement of all participants – not just those presenting papers. Workshops that foster collaboration, discussion, group problem-solving and community building initiatives are particularly encouraged. Workshops that only revolve around the presentation of papers in a “mini conference” format are discouraged.
Researchers and practitioners from all areas of IR are invited to submit proposals for review. The organizers of approved workshops will be expected to define the workshop’s focus, gather and review submissions, and decide upon the final program content. Organizers (including co-organizers) are encouraged to write an article for the ACM SIGIR Forum summarizing the event. At least two organizers are expected to attend the entire workshop.
Workshop proposals, in no more than 4 pages (ACM formatting, “sigconf” style, submitted as PDF), should include the following information:
- Motivation for the workshop and appropriateness for SIGIR.
- Theme and purpose of the workshop.
- Format (half/full-day) and planned activities and a tentative schedule of events.
- Selection process for participants and/or presenters.
- List of organizers with a short biographical sketch of each organizer, describing relevant qualifications and experience.
- Names of potential program committee (PC) members - if the workshop requires a PC.
- Related workshops (if applicable): if the workshop has been held previously at SIGIR or another conference, the organizers should indicate this and describe briefly past attendance and outcomes, and why another workshop is needed.
Proposal should be submitted through the EasyChair submission site
|Workshop proposal due||Fri, Feb 8, 2019|
|Proposal acceptance notifications||Fri, Mar 8, 2019|
|Workshop paper submissions due||Fri, May 3, 2019|
|Workshop paper acceptance notifications (for all accepted workshops)||Fri, May 31, 2019|
|Workshop day||Thu, Jul 25, 2019|
All questions about submissions should be emailed to: sigir2019workshops[at]easychair.org