August in Tokyo is generally quite hot and humid, with the average daily temperature between 24℃ and 33℃. The forecasts for the conference week are a little bit cloudy and rainy sometime; we expect temperatures ranging between 26℃ and 31℃.
In Shinjuku city, smoking is not permitted in all outdoor public places and almost every indoor public places, including the conference venue. Delegates are thus requested not to smoke except smoking permitted area. Smoking room is available at the lobby floor in the conference venue.
Please be advised that the podium in each session room will have a standard VGA cable only to connect to the projector. We provide a converting adapter from HDMI, miniHDMI, mini Displayport, USB Type C to VGA.
In Japan, the electricity voltage is 100V and we use the power sockets type A. Please ensure to carry your own adaptor to connect your power plug to type A, since the conference organization does not provide the adaptor.
USEFUL LINKS & TOOLS
- Map and access to recommended five hotels
- Shinjuku Guide Map Around Shinjuku Station
- Railway and Subway Route Map
- Multilingual Speech Translation App (VoiceTra)
- List of restaurants and search in Shinjuku area:
- TCVB information desk at the conference venue also provides city information and accept registrations for free Tokyo City Tours and free Japanese Cultural Programs for participants and their families from overseas. See details.