ACM SIGIR Fact Sheet
SIGIR focuses on all aspects of information storage, retrieval and dissemination, including research strategies, output schemes and system evaluations.
Best Paper Award
Awarded at the SIGIR Conference - $1000 (divided evenly among the authors).
Best Student Paper Award
Awarded at the SIGIR Conference when the Best Paper winner is not a student- $1000 (divided evenly among the authors).
Awarded triennially at the SIGIR Conference. (Formerly SIGIR Award).
Vannevar Bush Award
Awarded at the JCDL conference. Co-sponsored with SIGWEB.
Officers and Volunteers
- James Allan SIG Chair
- Ian Ruthven SIG Vice Chair
- Andrew Trotman SIG Secretary
- Ian Soboroff SIG Treasurer
- Elizabeth Liddy SIG Past Chair
- Tetsuya Sakai SIG Regional Representative to the Executive Committee (Asia/Pacific)
- Alistair Moffat SIG Awards Chair
- Diane Kelly SIG Newsletter Editor, SIGIR Forum
- Ian Ruthven SIG Newsletter Editor, SIGIR Forum
- Djoerd Hiemstra SIG Information Director
- Claudia Hauff SIG-IRList editor
- Fran Spinola Program Director, ACM
Title: International ACM/SIGIR Conference on Research & Development
Acronym: ACM/SIGIR Aprox Dates: July/August. Frequency: 12 months
Title: Joint Conference on Digital Libraries
Acronym: JCDL Aprox Dates: June. Frequency: 12 months
Title: Conference on
Information & Knowledge Management
Acronym: CIKM Aprox Dates: November. Frequency: 12 months
Title: Conference on Web Search and Data Mining
Acronym: WSDM Aprox Dates: February. Frequency: 12 months
NewsletterName: SIGIR Forum Frequency: Three times per year
Two newsletter issues (June, December).
The special issue (the SIGIR conference proceedings, mailed to all members after the SIGIR conference).