Welcome to the ACM SIGIR Web site
ACM SIGIR addresses issues ranging from theory to user demands in the application of computers to the acquisition, organization, storage, retrieval, and distribution of information.
- The SIGIR 2013 best paper award was presented to Ryen W. White for his paper "Beliefs and Biases in Web Search". The best student paper award was awarded to Karthik Raman, Paul N. Bennett, and Kevyn Collins-Thompson for their paper "Toward Whole-Session Relevance: Exploring Intrinsic Diversity in Web Search".
- New ACM SIGIR Executive Committee in full swing!
The new ACM SIGIR Executive Committee, consisting of
Chair: Charlie Clarke, University of Waterloo
Vice Chair: Yoelle Maarek, Yahoo! Labs Israel
Secretary: Jaap Kamps, University of Amsterdam
Treasurer: Diane Kelly, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Past chair: James Allan, University of Massachusetts Amherst
took office on Monday, July 1st.
The new exec hit the ground running with lot's of ongoing discussion and the annual SIG-IR business meeting during SIGIR'13 in Dublin. Although some of your wishes and complains surfaced during the business meeting, the exec likes to hear from you on any matter of relevance to the field and the conferences we sponsor or support. Please talk or mail to any member of the exec!
Thanks to outgoing Executive Committee, consisting of Ian Ruthven (Strathclyde), Andrew Trotman (Otago), Ian Soboroff (NIST), Elizabeth Liddy (Syracuse), and outgoing chair James Allan (UMass) for their great work over the last three years.
- SIGIR Forum, June 2013 is available.
- more SIGIR news...
SIGIR Sponsored Conferences
- JCDL 2013 (Indianapolis, Indiana, USA) - July 22-26, 2013
- SIGIR 2013 (Dublin, Ireland) - July 28-August 1, 2013
- CIKM 2013 (San Francisco, USA) - October 27-November 1, 2013
Conferences held in Cooperation with SIGIR
(SIGIR members eligible for lowest registration rates: Join now)
- KDIR 2013 (Vilamoura, Portugal) - September 19-22, 2013
- ICTIR 2013 (Copenhagen, Denmark) - September 30-October 2, 2013
- RecSys 2013 (Hong Kong, China) - October 12-16, 2013