Welcome to the ACM SIGIR Web site
ACM SIGIR addresses issues ranging from theory to user demands in the application of computers to the acquisition, organization, storage, retrieval, and distribution of information.
- Get ready for SIGIR 2013 in Dublin, Ireland!
- SIGIR invites applications for student travel grants to help cover the cost of travel, living expenses, and registration to the SIGIR 2013 conference. Some student travel funds, the Donald B. Crouch Travel Grants, explicitly target students from developing countries. The deadline for applying for travel support is May 24th.
- All contents that we gathered in our project "Saving the old IR literature" can now be accessed from a single page. Let us know if you are able to digitize old IR literature that is currently unavailable online.
- SIGIR Forum, December 2012 is available.
- The SIGIR 2012 best paper award was presented to Mark Smucker and Charles Clarke for their paper "Time-based calibration of effectiveness measures". The best student paper award was awarded to Shuzi Niu, Jiafeng Guo, Yanyan Lan, and Xueqi Cheng for their paper "Top-k learning to rank: labeling, ranking and evaluation". There was an honorable mention for Lidan Wang, Paul Bennett, and Kevyn Collins-Thompson for "Robust ranking models via risk-averse optimization".
- ACM SIGIR honors Norbert Fuhr. For pioneering contributions to approaches that now dominate the search industry, ACM SIGIR honors Norbert Fuhr from the University of Duisburg-Essen (Germany) with the 2012 Gerard Salton Award. Fuhr developed probabilistic retrieval models for databases and XML, and his research on probabilistic models anticipated the current interest in learning to rank approaches in search operations. Fuhr received the award at the ACM SIGIR Conference in Portland, Oregon, USA, where he gave the opening keynote address. Read more in the ACM Press release.
- more SIGIR news...
SIGIR Sponsored Conferences
- JCDL 2013 (Indianapolis, Indiana, USA) - July 22-26, 2013
- SIGIR 2013 (Dublin, Ireland) - July 28-August 1, 2013
- CIKM 2013 (San Francisco, USA) - October 27-November 1, 2013
Conferences held in Cooperation with SIGIR
(SIGIR members eligible for lowest registration rates: Join now)
- OAIR 2013 (Lisbon, Portugal) - May 22-24, 2013
- KDIR 2013 (Vilamoura, Portugal) - September 19-22, 2013
- ICTIR 2013 (Copenhagen, Denmark) - September 30-October 2, 2013
- RecSys 2013 (Hong Kong, China) - October 12-16, 2013